Websites can feature so many different types of content nowadays, and with good reason. Marketers like to demonstrate their innovative, forward-thinking nature and be the first to do something cool.
But B2B audiences are not looking for bells and whistles when they get online. This is particularly true for greenhouse growers. They get online because theyâ€™re looking for information that will help them build their business, and thatâ€™s why marketers need to keep one fact in mind when looking at their own site: Building a successful website means offering content that your customers and prospective customers will value.
Greenhouse Grower magazine recently conducted its fourth Internet Use Survey to evaluate trends in how growers use the web and to ensure we understand exactly what information growers want to find online. Here are a couple of key findings:
- The onine audience generally works for a larger company than does the print audience, with 53% of online users working for firms with annual sales of great than $1 million compared to 36% of the print audience.
- â€˜Plantsâ€™ and â€˜Production Adviceâ€™ were the two most popular types of information for the online audience for the fourth consecutive year.
- Search engine optimization (SEO) of your website is critical as nearly 90% of greenhouse growers start their information hunt at a search engine. You canâ€™t just count on them to type in your URL.
- Growers are still trying to find value for social media beyond their personal use.
- More than 60% of the online survey respondents reported they watch video at least once a week.
For more details on this study, including a complete copy of the final results of the survey, please contact your Meister Media sales rep or our Director of Interactive Sales, Bob West, at email@example.com or 440-602-9129.